Below you will find the vocabulary used in the 3 methods proposed in the world today, as well as the terms and acronyms of each one:
1. « Strip » technique :
- « strip » : strip of scalp cut with scalpel in the back or side of the head. This piece may be 8 cm wide and 25 cm long, it is extracted the aponeurotic from the skull (Galea) to be cut into small cubes about 1mm sideway. The cut is made with difficulty and with a binocular microscope "with" small increase.
- It is also called « FUT », or « Fuss », or « FUS », or « stretched strip »:
- Appelée aussi : « FUT », ou « FUSS », ou « FUS, ou « bandes allongées » :
« FUT » : Follicular units transplant; FUSS :follicular units collected on Strips.
- Another name: Follicular Units Micro implant (UF) : Follicular Units contain 1, sometimes 2, rarely 3 hairs per implant on average = 1.2 'hairs per strip.
2. « FUE » Technique , « FOX, FIT » or Ultra micro implant or Follicular Units or: extraction with 1 mm « punch » : Follicular Units extraction, which has a very diffuse meaning … It will pursue the removal of cylindrical grafts of follicular units (1, sometimes 2, and rarely 3 hairs) with the help of a manual 'punch': medical cylindrical instrument of less than one millimetre diameter. In one in three cases: no extraction of the follicle is achieved because it is unnoticed. Therefore, a third of the work is done in vain ... And only 40 to 60% of the grafts were not successful: it provides that looks like the hair of the arms if they have success with this method. This technique was used only for hair transplants from front areas, eyelashes, eyebrows or moustache ...
3. Technique "« mini implant », or « grafted 2 mm », or: « punch » with 2 mm, or « P2MM », « mini implant units capillaries » : Technique we practice for years (more than 30 years implanting hair), but where significant changes to the operative protocol changed the result and timing of operation. This technique has been selected after comparing all methods and above all its results. The simple calculation shows that you obtain to seven times more surface of the scalp and therefore seven times more hair on 2 millimetres diameter graft than on 0.75 mm F.U.E graft and about three times more than on 1.2-mm graft of "strip". Extracting from the base of the nape it is obtained very fine hair grafts that are reserved for the front and the front deceiving hairline to convey a very natural appearance. Extracting from half back of the crown is obtained more thick hair to get a good density.
- « Hair Units » are for us 2 millimetres diameter mini implants: 4 to 8 hairs per graft that is an average 6 hairs per graft. This small highlight of capillary units is representative of the appearance of a normal hair where they are stuck by static electricity groups 6 to 9 hairs to form small highlights that will form dense hair. 2 mm diameter grafts NEVER provide the appearance of little dense hair (doll hair ) as it is done in certain 'transplant factories' (which do not know practise this method...) and as 4, 5 or 6 mm diameter grafts were caused in 80 s'. "Actually: 2mm transplant leaves no trace in most cases, except in people who do not heal well (representing 10% population – in this case small points scars of 2mm in diameter are hidden by hair-). This method requires doctors months of practice until they can perform individually ... and numerous operations to get a good practice..